Supplier Quality Engineer, Machine Learning
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, a related Engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience as a Mechanicals Quality, Reliability, or Product Engineer.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- American Society for Quality certification (e.g., CQE, CQM, CRE, or CQA).
- 10 years of experience in Quality/Reliability and Mechanicals technology.
- 10 years of experience in the mechanicals manufacturing process or design.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
About the job
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Ensure the quality and reliability of mechanical assemblies, including infrastructure racks, shelves, and other mechanical parts, throughout their lifecycle.
- Provide consultation to the Design, Manufacturing, and Commodity teams on the qualification and application of mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Drive and track mechanical failures internally and drive Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) with suppliers.
- Work cross-functionally to define and implement processes that will provide the data needed to manage quality and reliability.
- Interface with suppliers regularly to share their mechanical assembly parts from the fleet, and to drive Return Material Authorization, Corrective Action Requests, and Failure Analysis.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?