Customer Engineering Manager, Gaming, Google Cloud
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment, or a customer-facing role.
- Experience working with IaaS, PaaS, Big Data, SaaS, public cloud, or relevant industry.
- Experience managing and developing teams.
- Knowledge of solution architecture within the web and mobile environment.
- Ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences, engaging C-Level stakeholders in business and technology transformation.
- Ability to inspire and grow teams to their full potential in a business environment, while working across cross-functional teams to achieve common business objectives.
- Excellent business acumen with distinctive problem solving skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineering Manager, you'll lead a team of Customer Engineers who will engage with business prospects and channel partners to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud technologies, address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the business process. You will lead efforts to drive solution innovation, working across the organization to identify the assets and tools to drive customer adoption. You'll also be responsible for investing in the team’s development and success, building a high-performing, effective, and collaborative team.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Lead, inspire, and grow a team of Customer Engineers across the region who engage with prospects, providing technical discovery and solutions recommendations. Manage and motivate a diverse collection of engineering professionals.
- Contribute to building a business that promotes exceptional growth and maintain motivation in order to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Engage directly with prospects regarding architecture discussions and best practices. Support and communicate effectively with English and Korean speaking clients.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Support, Engineering, and Sales teams. Make presentations to represent the capabilities and services of Google Cloud.
- Hire, coach, and drive a team to work towards strategic goals, while prioritizing the delivery of an outstanding customer experience.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?