Partner Manager, Google Cloud
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia as this role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
At Google, we have a vision of empowerment and equitable opportunity for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building reconciliation through Google’s technology, platforms and people and we welcome Indigenous applicants. Please see our Reconciliation Action Plan for more information.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sydney NSW, Australia; Melbourne VIC, Australia.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a sales role in the enterprise IT, software or telecom companies.
- 5 years of experience in managing Global System Integrators (GSIs) and Managed Security Services (MSS) partners.
- 5 years of experience with clients/partners in the enterprise cybersecurity field.
- Experience maintaining and exceeding strategic business goals.
- Experience starting a territory from scratch, understanding the security partner ecosystem across value added resellers, managed security service providers, managed detection response, and/or global system integrators.
- Knowledge of product and solution of market trends in cybersecurity and cloud.
- Ability to build relationships, promoting to C-level executives across security and IT business units, and ensure customer success and adoption.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize sales activity with attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and presentation skills.
About the job
Google's line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google's ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
In this role, you will help grow the cybersecurity business by building and expanding relationships with partners. You will work with partners to deliver true business value, demonstrate product functionality, and provide an overview of key business use cases. You will lead day-to-day relationships with external partners stakeholders, leading with empathy, while identifying innovative ways to multiply impact. You will partner with internal Google Cloud Platform Sales teams to grow the security businesses and drive the overall value for Google Cloud Platform. You will travel up to 50% of the time.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Construct and execute an effective territory development plan, and promote security products in an assigned territory to security partners, meeting goals.
- Develop and drive pipeline, managing cycles from lead generation to partner onboarding.
- Build managed security service plays with GSIs and managed services providers to help our joint customers to achieve the security outcomes. Work with executive management of the GSIs and MSS.
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Engineering, Google Cloud Platform, Customer Success, Channels, and Product and Engineering teams to understand the customer and provide excellent prospect and customer experience.
- Represent Google Cloud Security in regional forecasts and team meetings. Serve as the stakeholder to regional Google Cloud leads, reporting current, accurate, and timely forecasting and business performance in salesforce and other tools.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?