Silicon System Architect, Pre-Silicon Analysis
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in Android system software development and in any one of the following: kernel, device drivers, and system components.
- Experience in software and hardware architecture in System on a Chip (SoCs).
- Experience with performance analysis tools or simulators.
- Experience in pre-silicon performance analysis at different abstraction levels (e.g., Cycle Accurate, Functional).
- Experience with one or more programming languages (e.g., C, C++, Java, Python).
- Experience in building embedded system software stack.
- Experience with developing android applications.
- Excellent proficiency and verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Contribute to the software and hardware architecture designs for Google’s future SoCs and software features.
- Build prototype or production software across the android stack, including kernel, board support package (BSP), framework, and applications to prove the feasibility of designs.
- Build prototype or production software for embedded software stacks running inside Google’s SoCs.
- Perform pre-silicon performance analysis using C/C++ or RTL-based model and participate in evaluation of future ASIC architecture designs.
- Collaborate across organizations and teams to move the architecture design into production.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?