Data Center Mechanical Engineer, Advanced Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in mechanical design and analysis for medium-scale production, structural beams/elements, and international building codes.
- 2 years of experience with 3D CAD systems, structural and thermal analysis techniques (e.g., Ansys, RISA-3D, etc.).
- Experience in designing complex modular building scale assemblies with an understanding of mechanical tolerances and tolerance analysis.
- Ability to architect solutions backed by business case analysis.
About the job
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
As a Data Center Mechanical Engineer, you will own and design to the entire product design life cycle, including requirements gathering, concept generation, detailed design with analysis, verification testing, cross-functional reviews, and manufacturing release. You will develop and execute designs for complex systems backed by thorough engineering analysis.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Create test plans, perform testing, and validate designs to meet engineering requirements.
- Troubleshoot, root cause, and resolve potential technical challenges. Influence and shape future products by providing mechanical and structural engineering expertise into the technology roadmap with data-driven decisions.
- Identify and scope projects around innovation opportunities as well as technology risks.
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching and foster professional growth within the team.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?