Program Manager III, Datacenter Maintenance Cost and Risk
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Omaha, NE, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Data Management, Data Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in cost management, risk management, program controls, or consulting role.
- 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- Experience in cost and risk management for infrastructure industry.
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience in tools and processes for collecting and analyzing CapEx/OpEx data.
- Experience supporting teams to deliver projects in fast-paced and constantly evolving environments.
- Familiarity with ERP, financial planning and accounting processes, and procure-to-payment processes.
- Excellent communicator and highly organized, with the ablility to influence action and outcomes, balance multiple tasks, and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to foster respect, inclusion, and collaboration when working with teams, and skilled in building relationships and fostering trust with a diverse group of people.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Our team globally manages programs and standards for the data center site operations. The functions provide operational execution support (e.g., Incident Management, Fleet Deployment, Spares, and Maintenance Planning) along with program oversight (e.g., Operational Assessments, Data Quality, Business Process support) and transformation program partnership with the field operations. We also supports new product introductions into the fleet. Our goal is to enable data-driven decisions through standardized, continuous, and scalable business processes and data quality improvements.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000-$203,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop and implement a Total Cost of Operations (TCO) strategy and build a roadmap to systematically implement the strategy for cost awareness and controls. Develop, implement, and maintain process controls and guidelines for operational expenses.
- Design features, functionalities, and processes to categorize and collect cost data for maintenance services, spares, and other operational expenses.
- Analyze cost data and build reports for driving operational efficiency, work prioritization, and maintenance roadmap.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and implement process improvements and cost-saving initiatives. Build processes and controls to proactively identify, manage, monitor, report, and mitigate risk and issues.
- Develop a risk management model for maintenance backlog and drive appropriate maintenance and business decisions. Integrate maintenance risk and cost data and processes with broader risk/incident management, as well as financial processes with cross-functional teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?