Staff Critical Incident Manager, Google Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related Site Reliability Engineering technical field, or equivalent pratical experience.
- 6 years of experience in managing critical incidents.
- 3 years of experience in providing technical or infrastructure support.
- Experience in a operational and leadership role in a cloud services delivery environment.
- ITIL v4 or Project Management certification.
- Experience in supporting and managing technical environments, particularly within a multi-tenant cloud environment.
- Experience with industry tools like SalesForce, ServiceNow, Google Workspace, etc.
- Understanding of the urgency of customer impact, and ability to influence momentum of incident response across multiple teams.
- Ability to work in and keep up with a fast-moving environment via effective prioritization and time management.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in Engineering, Operations, or Senior Support roles.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Critical Incident Manager is a key driver in managing customer impacting incidents and executive level customer escalations. In this role, you will collaborate and partner with the entire Google Cloud organization to drive resolution. You'll partner with Infrastructure, Engineering, SRE, Technical Support, Product Owners, Customer Success, and Sales Leadership to ensure delivery of a unified support experience for customers. You will ensure transparent communication that drives very high levels of internal/external customer satisfaction.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage customer and internal stakeholder communications for an incident via multiple communication channels in a 24/7, over the weekend on-call environment using standard Google incident management processes ensuring updates are timely, accurate and actionable.
- Address incoming critical escalations from executives and/or key customers, coordinate response, often across multiple teams, in order to facilitate swift and effective resolution of customer situations.
- Contribute to cross-functional post-incident process reviews to ensure continuous improvement of operations and execution, enabling the delivery of post incident reports to customers and stakeholders.
- Improve operational workflows through process enhancements, automation, and continuous review and improvement of systems and incident management tools.
- Demonstrate leadership in initiating and driving projects to solve complex problems even when faced with high ambiguity. Anticipate and overcome potential obstacles to ensure successful project outcomes.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?