Technical Solutions Engineer, Infrastructure, Google Cloud (English, Chinese)
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience advocating for customer needs.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Chinese fluently.
- Experience with Kubernetes, system virtualization, on-prem and/or hybrid cloud computing, cloud identity and security systems, cloud monitoring and logging, as well as local and cloud storage.
- Experience in Computer Networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, load balancing, etc.).
- Experience with any of the following cloud storage solutions: SQL database administration, Google App Engine, open source software communities, cloud networking solutions, or distributed computing technology.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix or Windows systems, from Kernel to Shell, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Understanding of basic web technologies (e.g., HTTP, HTML, DNS, TCP, etc.).
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You listen to the customer and swiftly problem-solve technical issues to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Cloud business and helping companies around the world innovate.
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will be a part of a global team that provides 24x7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job will be to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to resolve the issue.You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues. This will include a need to sometimes work non-standard work hours or shifts. This may include weekend work.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Own the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis in order to identify and resolve future issues quickly.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in Engineering, Sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams such as Product Management or Software Engineering.
- Work as part of a team of Engineers/Consultants that globally ensure 24-hour customer support including a need to sometimes work non-standard work hours or shifts, including weekends.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?