Engineering Director, Server Engineering Productivity, YouTube
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in engineering or engineering productivity.
- Experience with service development and build, test, and release infrastructure.
- Experience recruiting and managing geographically distributed teams.
- Experience as a technical leader and in building high performing services or developer infrastructure.
- Experience motivating engineering teams to work together, build industry leading developer infrastructure, drive adoption, and deliver impact.
- Ability to make technical decisions, build credibility with engineers, and lead technical reviews/discussions.
- Ability to take initiative and drive innovation, customer satisfaction, and engineering excellence.
- Excellent organizational leadership and collaboration skills, with excellent attention to detail.
About the job
The Developer Experience and Productivity team at YouTube is responsible for scaling YouTube Engineering. It helps YouTube engineers deliver better products and services to YouTube users. The team builds developer tools and processes throughout the software development lifecycle and across platforms.
In this role, you will be responsible for reimagining and improving developer experience and product excellence for all YouTube services (e.g., Video Infrastructure, Search and Discovery, Trust and Safety, etc.). You will drive build, test, and release infrastructure for all of YouTube Engineering.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $271,000-$399,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Identify gaps and develop solutions to address them and contribute to YouTube engineering leadership on YouTube-wide initiatives.
- Manage and grow a team of software engineers, collaborating cross-functionally with stakeholders and teams within YouTube and across Google.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Develop and grow leadership talent through effective mentoring, succession planning, and retention strategies in a fast-paced environment.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?