Technical Program Manager, Mobile Apps, Fitbit Operating Systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in program management.
- Experience in leading project teams.
- Experience in Android, Unix/Linux systems programming with C, C++, Java, Python.
- Experience with end-to-end program management in consumer hardware, mobile devices, embedded software or android software.
- Experience in driving cross-product areas/sites/teams programs.
- Ability to Influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a complex, changing environment.
- Ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Drive planning and implementation of program and features with the cross-functional teams to achieve roadmap goals, track progress, analyze risks, and resolve execution issues.
- Develop and manage program schedules, technical issues, and resource needs with engineering and cross-functional teams.
- Support the team in promoting clear communication and making decisions. Manage communication of progress/status with stakeholders and leadership in various locations and time zones, own and nurture relationships between cross-functional teams.
- Implement process improvements to streamline product development.
- Manage risk and evaluate multiple possible path to success.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?