Hardware Systems Architect, Project Starline
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of experience working in a consumer electronic or related environment, or 5 years of experience with an advanced degree
- 3 years of experience in technical leadership
- 10 years of experience in system design, analysis, and validation
- Experience leading the development of consumer electronics or similar products through the entire product development lifecycle, in a broad and influential technical leadership role
- Experienced and skilled at leading and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Display, Camera, Audio, TPM, PM) through complex technical challenges and issues
- Understanding of hardware system architecture and experience integrating audio, display, and/or camera technologies
About the job
The Project Starline Hardware team is responsible for delivering all of the hardware that powers Starline prototype devices and products. The hardware team includes Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and technology teams, and owns hardware product development from concept explorations to end product validation. In this technical leadership role, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across the Project Starline organization on defining, architecting, and building new ground breaking products.
Labs is a group focused on incubating early-stage efforts in support of Google’s mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team exists to help discover and create new ways to advance our core products through exploration and the application of new technologies. We work to build new solutions that have the potential to transform how users interact with Google. Our goal is to drive innovation by developing new Google products and capabilities that deliver significant impact over longer timeframes.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $166,000-$254,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Support product management and user research teams in refining feature definition through technical feasibility analysis. Generate functional and technical requirements and specifications.
- Identify and track areas that are new, unique, difficult (NUDs), risks, and opportunities. Ensure sound risk mitigation plans are in place.
- Work with tech leads across hardware, software, and tech teams to lead the development of hardware system architectures towards meeting product requirements.
- Drive critical components and system architecture selection, review and sign off process by working through performance, cost and schedule tradeoffs.
- Take ownership and lead the team through some of our most critical technical project challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?