Civilian Business Development Manager, Google Public Sector
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Reston, VA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in technology related sales or business development at a Business-to-Business (B2B) software company.
- Experience working in the public sector and Federal Civilian space.
- 5 years of experience building strategic business partnerships with public sector customers.
- Experience with managing partners in implementation projects including Global System Integrators and Packaged Software Vendors.
- Experience promoting infrastructure software, databases, investigative tools, applications software, or cloud solutions.
- Experience working with Procurement, Legal, and Business teams.
- Ability to work with Sales Engineers and customer Technical Leads to inventory existing software estate, define migration plans, and build business cases for migrations.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $133,000-$196,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Build executive relationships with Federal Civilian public sector customers. Collaborate with long-term strategic direction and serve as a business partner.
- Discuss and manage the entire business cycle, presenting to C-level executives in public sector customers.
- Lead account strategy in generating and developing business growth opportunities. Work collaboratively with Customer Engineers and Google Partners in order to improve business results in-territory and open up opportunities with public sector customers.
- Understand each customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy, and business landscape.
- Direct business development, forecast accurately, and achieve strategic goals by leading customers through the business cycle.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?