Software Engineer III, Smart Home Services
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
- Full stack and distributed systems experience.
- Experience working on a Smart Home based service.
- Experience in consumer electronics or home automation.
- Experience with Google-scale infrastructure, Google Cloud Platform, and open source systems.
- Familiarity with IoT and home automation.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Our vision is a vibrant Smart Home ecosystem, delighting both the users and partners on the Google Home Platform. In particular, the Services team’s mission is to deliver reliable, efficient, and innovative services for the helpful home, at scale. This team is responsible for highly scalable and performant services that are intelligent and intuitive as well as highly reliable and cost effective.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Align Smart Home and Home Automation services through technical execution across multiple Engineering teams.
- Lead the execution for Smart Home Services including migration to Google’s infrastructure.
- Collaborate with engineers on the team, to transform the technical vision to reality.
- Align Services' technical execution across multiple peer engineers or teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?