Training and Advocacy Manager, Channel and Sales Activation
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in training, development, and advocacy program management.
- Experience in retail or carrier business environment.
- Experience working with training tools and systems.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to adapt and operate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, and collaborative environment.
- Excellent investigative skills (e.g., A/B analysis, return on investment, job costing).
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
About the job
The Retail team focuses on Google-branded hardware across product categories. Our team is responsible for managing partnerships with our top retailers, including developing channel strategy, negotiating commercial terms, marketing and merchandising, and overall market share goals. We partner cross-functionally with marketing, product & engineering, finance and retail marketing teams internally, and with our retail counterparts across these disciplines.
In this role, you will be accountable to manage Training and Advocacy (TA) day-to-day activities for key partners in Japan. You will use functional and domain expertise to work with cross-functional teams in Japan to help to deliver business goals across a multiple and complex set of product areas.
The Hardware Partnerships team was formed with the purpose of bringing the best of Google’s software and hardware to our users by bringing to market and distributing a Google-branded hardware portfolio. The team is responsible for managing all partnerships with carriers, retailers and resellers worldwide. This includes the partnerships for products such as Pixel, Daydream View, Google Wifi, Google Nest Thermostat, Chromecast Ultra and Google Home.
- Drive Retail Sales Associate (RSA) recommendation rates and knowledge scores measured by mystery shopping and online testing.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to build training programs to drive Devices and Services Business Organization (DSBO) sales objectives.
- Work with external partners to build training programs to deliver maximum impact in each channel.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?