Senior Analyst, Accounting Operations, Finance
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Los Angeles, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of relevant work experience, including both public accounting and operational accounting
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems, implementing related business processes and systems
- Experience leading impact across an ambiguous and evolving area of scope
- Ability to communicate complex accounting information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to have a strong work ethic, grow in a fast-paced environment, and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to parachute in to quickly characterize and bring structure to ambiguous problem sets or asks
- Strong leadership skills and ability to drive change including influencing a broad group of stakeholders across a variety of levels within the team and across the company
About the job
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
You'll lead an accounting process from end-to-end. Other responsibilities include reconciling balance sheets and P&L accounts, and providing supplementary financial information for internal and external reports.
As a member of this team, you will advise on financial and accounting matters, you and your team will review, analyze, and interpret financial reports.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$176,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Ownership and accountability for the Google Cloud global close process including timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial close activities for all accounting areas and all associated activities
- Ensure all transactions are recorded timely and accurately into the Company’s general ledger and financial statements with a focus on proactive issue identification and resolution
- Own and coordinate accounting hygiene for journal entries and reconciliations
- Monitor and analyze across the organization to continuously develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining effectiveness of controls
- Drive process improvement across the global close process by effectively leveraging existing processes with a keen eye on identifying and solving for any gaps to drive risk mitigation and improve accuracy and scalability in financial reporting
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?