Terraform Engineer, Google Cloud Networking
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Bangalore, Karnataka, India; Gurugram, Haryana, India.
- Experience leading cloud infrastructure
- Experience building cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code technologies and in Terraform
- Experience with network technologies in the context of cloud infrastructure
- Experience in automation and programming (in any scripting language)
- 2 years of experience with Terraform, TF providers, and importing existing infra state into TF
- Experience incorporating disaster recovery and High availability into deployments using TF Secret management and RBAC/key rotations
- Experience migrating to Terraform from technologies like Ansible
- Experience in building network architecture/design on cloud for customers
- Experience in interfacing with multiple stakeholders (engineering, product management, customers) to deliver high quality designs
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You listen to the customer and swiftly problem-solve technical issues to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Cloud business and helping companies around the world innovate.
In this role, you will be responsible for reliably provision infrastructure on GCP for Cloud Networking teams using Terraform as the primary technology of choice. You will help customers to create blue-prints for building and maintaining cloud infrastructure on GCP.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Build Terraform modules for Cloud Networking products as per requirements from the product teams (for new products and product enhancements).
- Create cloud infrastructure designs on GCP for customers based on their needs and in alignment with their current infrastructure.
- Support customers on issues reported from existing Terraform scripts.
- Work with multiple stakeholders including product engineering teams, product managers, and customers to collect requirements and deliver as per product needs.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?