Senior Physical Design Engineer, Google Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience with advanced design, including clock/voltage domain crossing, design for testing (DFT), and low power designs.
- Experience with System on a Chip (SoC) cycles.
- Experience in high-performance, high-frequency, and low-power designs.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in coding with System Verilog and scripting with TCL.
- Experience with VLSI design in SoC or multiple-cycles of SoC in ASIC design.
- Experience with layout verification and design rules.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As a SoC Physical Design Engineer, you will collaborate with Functional Design, Design for Testing (DFT), Architecture, and Packaging Engineers. Additionally, you'll solve technical problems with innovative micro-architecture and practical logic circuits solutions, while evaluating design options with optimized performance, power, and area in mind.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Define and drive the implementation of physical design methodologies.
- Take ownership of one or more physical design partitions or top level.
- Manage timing and power consumption of the design.
- Contribute to design methodology, libraries, and code review.
- Define the physical design related rule sets for the functional design engineers.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?