Senior Brand Copywriter, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Santa Cruz, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 11 years of experience in marketing, advertising, or creative writing at an agency and in a corporate environment.
- 2 years of experience managing/coaching teams and individuals.
- Experience with creative awards and accolades (e.g., Cannes Lions, Effie, Design and Art Direction, etc.).
- Experience writing conversational, engaging, and relatable copy for large-scale Business-to-Business (B2B) technology brands.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and communicate varying points of view to peers, cross-functional stakeholders, and executive leaders.
- A portfolio website demonstrating well-developed concepts and execution.
About the job
As a Creative in Marketing, you bring visual, design, written and experiential acumen to Google products and services, presented across all major media, content, channels, and experiences. You have the ability to perform your role in a flexible, ever-changing environment and must be open to new influences and inspiration. You will work with a deeply cross-functional team and inspire a team of vendor partners by sharing ideas and developing effective solutions to generate multiple concepts supporting all forms of major media. You will be equally comfortable making; rolling up your sleeves and designing, mocking, writing, or prototyping; showing, not telling. Above all, you will inspire and lead by example by making the most of every opportunity to develop breakthrough creative, consistent with the Google Marketing brand, and be able to take and provide clear direction and creative feedback that pushes work forward.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $162,000-$247,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Bring creative thinking and copywriting to the full cycle of brand experience projects, from concept to delivery, across touchpoints from campaigns, to social media, to web, to events.
- Write concise headlines and well-structured short and long-form copy that embrace the intersection of technology and humanity.
- Develop brand messaging systems that distinguish our brands in the market, adapting to needs across media.
- Be skilled in creative review, troubleshooting/providing feedback to Creative team members and in managing feedback from stakeholders across the company.
- Use creative flexibility to connect with audiences globally, partnering with regional teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?