Hardware Architect, Machine Learning
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in computer or chip architecture.
- Experience with semiconductor technologies and trends (e.g., process, memory, interconnect, and packaging).
- Experience with learning frameworks including TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning market, technological and business trends, software ecosystem, and emerging applications.
- Proven track record architecting hardware solutions for Machine Learning.
- Strong track record of outreach to Machine Learning researchers and application developers.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $172,000-$263,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Create differentiated architectural innovations for Google semiconductor Tensor Processing Unit (TPU) roadmap.
- Monitor industrial and academic trends in artificial intelligence and determine where they should intersect our roadmaps.
- Evaluate the power, performance, and cost of prospective architecture and subsystems.
- Engage with system and application software engineers to ensure optimization of the entire hardware/software stack.
- Engage with design, verification, and validation engineers.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?