Engineering Project Specialist, Pixel
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in new hardware development.
- Experience with hardware development and manufacturing processes, vendor relations, and working with Contract Manufacturers (CMs) in Asia.
- Understanding of hardware bill of material (BOM) structures and change control concepts.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize when working on multiple tasks/projects.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to manage complex spreadsheets and coordinate across cross-functional team and job functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and analytical skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Travel internationally to support hardware development builds and manage product labeling and build documentations.
- Manage the New Product Introduction (NPI) product Build Matrix (system configuration decoder); Tracking material readiness, tracking engineering parallel paths and investigations, and product configurations.
- Lead a weekly build readiness meeting with the Contract Manufacturing (CM) team and provide training to CM partners on EPS related deliverables (how to read build matrix, allocation/shipment planning and applicable build matrix database training).
- Manage product allocation database, provide allocation direction, track system delivery schedules, ensure timely distribution to all product groups, and update device tracking tool.
- Develop PO (Purchase Order) creation, communicate with Google and CM finance teams, invoice review, and final invoice approval.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?