Thermal Engineer, Google Tensor, Silicon
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Master's degree in Electric Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience modeling SoC and IC package transient thermal response and reduced-order modeling in mobile devices.
- Experience in thermal and performance measurements and characterization on mobile devices.
- Experience with SoC Architecture, package design, PCB and mobile device design.
- Experience using tools such as Ansys Icepak, Fluent, Cadence Allegro, Redhawk, etc.
- Knowledge of SoC design methodology, power modeling, and thermal analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of hardware and software based thermal/power management control algorithms.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Develop detailed CFD and compact RC models for SoC and Package thermal analysis.
- Optimize thermal under PPA and system design constraints.
- Simulate and prototype thermal control strategies.
- Validate thermal models through power/thermal measurements on hardware.
- Collaborate effectively with teams spanning multiple sites and develop detailed specifications for product teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?