Engineering Manager, Embedded Systems, Silicon
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in technical leadership.
- Experience in Embedded domain environment (e.g., firmware, Linux kernel, Android).
- 12 years of industry experience, including 6 years of experience in technical leadership and people management.
- Experience in runtimes and simulators for embedded accelerators such as Machine Language (ML) inference engine and Digital Signal Processing (DSP).
- Experience in drivers development (Linux/Android) for mobile chipset, firmware development (RTOS, bare metal), boot loaders development.
- Experience dealing with Quality of service (QoS), power and thermal.
- Experience in problem-solving and technical innovation.
- Excellent leadership, investigative, project management, and communication skills.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Manage a team of Software Engineers, including task planning and code reviews, recruit, hire, and onboard a team of Software Engineers.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams (i.e., Hardware, Architecture, and Software) to design appropriate interfaces between userspace, Linux kernel, firmware, and hardware.
- Contribute technically to projects.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?