Product Manager, Tablets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in product management, consulting, co-founder or related technical role.
- 1 year of experience building and shipping technical products.
- Advanced degree in a technology or business related field.
- Experience with consumer hardware development lifecycles and ODM/CM working models.
- Experience with mobile and consumer electronics technology stacks, including media pipelines, networking, wireless, security, and cloud technologies.
- Experience with computing and mobile operating systems and software applications development lifecycles.
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
About the job
As a Product Manager on the Tablets team, you will drive hardware and experiences definition for Google devices. You'll help shape the future of Google's Tablet products, as well as how those products fit into the broader ambient computing ecosystem. You’ll engage deeply on both technical and business problems, collaborating across a wide variety of functional partners including Engineering, UX, Industrial Design, User Research, Operations, Sales, Partnerships, Marketing, and Finance. You will launch products that solve problems and deliver distinctively great experiences in people’s everyday lives.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$172,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Define the core product use cases for devices in the portfolio.
- Work with Industrial Design, Product Design, and other stakeholders to develop the physical design of each device, ensuring that it fits into the user's home and effectively represents the Google brand.
- Drive the overall commercial success of each product by helping identify significant business opportunities and facilitating alignment on decisions to trade off cost against feature set and design.
- Help shape our investments in technology development and innovation to bring exciting new capabilities and experiences to our devices.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?