Firmware Technical Lead, Pixel Networking, Pixel Wireless Connectivity
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in designing, implementing networking features in Linux and Android.
- Experience with data performance in the Linux/Android networking stack, embedded Linux kernel and drivers.
- Experience in technology leadership, leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Experience in building RTOS-based products.
- Experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, Rust or Go.
- Experience in applying machine learning into embedded systems.
- Ability to learn quickly in a technically complex domain.
- Ability to collaborate within and outside the team.
About the job
- Lead a team of Engineers to design/implement/fine-tune the Pixel networking functionality and performance to improve overall Pixel connectivity experience.
- Partner and collaborate with Engineering teams, product/project management, to launch solutions in a timely manner.
- Drive technical projects and provide solid networking mentorship to inspire team to innovate, design, and implement advanced connectivity features.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.