Software Engineer, Pixel Software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience with software development in developing, testing, maintaining, or launching software products
- 3 years of experience in quantitative data analysis by building data processing pipelines
- 1 year of experience with natural language processing or computer vision techniques
- Experience in mobile software engineering practices
- Experience in Google-developed techniques and infrastructure for data storage and processing
- Experience influencing design and lead implementation
- Ability to ramp up and learn quickly in a technically complex domain
- Ability to collaborate well both within and outside the team
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s software and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Work on software engineering projects that are innovative. Design and develop solutions that solve or strategically address business objectives.
- Lead design, and collaborate with stakeholders and research teams to apply technologies in our business.
- Work in a team with diverse cultures, tasks, and backgrounds.
- Collect relevant data and perform corresponding processing and analysis to gain deep insights into our business challenges and act accordingly.
- Adapt or develop solutions based on natural language processing or computer vision techniques to meet particular business requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?