Strategic Cloud Engineer, Google Workspace, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Chicago, IL, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Addison, TX, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience configuring, administering, and deploying cloud-based collaboration systems.
- 3 years of experience in a customer-facing technical consulting role.
- 3 years of experience delivering paid services engagements at enterprise level, including working with executive customer business and IT stakeholders
- 3 years of experience in deployment engineering for cloud-based collaboration solution.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Ability to design integrations from collaboration solutions into other enterprise systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical challenges across enterprise systems.
About the job
As a Strategic Cloud Engineer, you will provide technical guidance to Google customers deploying and adopting Google Workspace. You will advise on reference architectures and on best practices for application design, scalability, and supportability. You will help organizations modernize their approach to collaboration and productivity by deploying Google Workspace and integrating it with other enterprise business tools.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $140,000-$209,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work with executive customer IT stakeholders to design technical architectures to meet their networking, security, data migration, and device management requirements.
- Provide guidance to customer IT or engineering teams to unblock technical challenges and enable them to maximize business value from the Google Workspace Platform.
- Create and deliver best practices, reference architectures, tutorials, blog articles, and sample code that can be incorporated into future professional services offerings.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to advocate for customers, providing insights and recommendations on product features and roadmaps based on the current needs of the enterprise customers.
- Work with partners to develop their expertise and capabilities in implementing and extending Google Workspace for their customers.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?