UX Research Manager, Fitbit Health Solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading design projects and managing people or teams.
- Experience in an applied research setting, or similar.
- Experience working with executive leaders.
- Master's degree or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX leaders help define and drive the future of Google design. They create and clarify strategy, conceptualize UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. They possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. You are a thoughtful team leader, manager, expert researcher, and visionary. You'll be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them realize their full potential.
UX Research Managers are fierce advocates for the people who use our products as well as the members of their teams. You’re an expert at using qualitative research methods such as field studies, interviews, and diary studies to shape product development and influence overall strategy.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Build relationships with leads and key stakeholders to develop long-term research strategies that identify and address knowledge gaps and guide the roadmap for our products.
- Contribute to a growing and supportive team culture, embracing a growth mindset, and coaching and developing a team of outstanding UX researchers.
- Lead a team in understanding user needs, behaviors, and goals through qualitative and quantitative research, maintaining a high bar for research excellence. Focus on user interaction behavior to drive insights and emerging trends.
- Elevate stakeholder awareness of the user experience by building empathy, bringing the user experience to life, and advocating for research findings and implications to executive audiences.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to enhance research operations, impact, and effectiveness.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?