Product Cost Manager, Pixel, Devices and Services
- Bachelor's degree in Business, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in supply chain, sourcing/commodity management, contract manufacturing, or program management.
- Experience building cost models, analyzing cost trends, and assessing opportunities and risk for new or early-stage product development.
- Experience in hardware development lifecycle and spreadsheet software.
- Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Experience in consumer electronics hardware development.
- Experience with data, metrics, analysis, and trends.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, make decisions under pressure, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams.
- Excellent team collaboration and communication skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Product Cost Manager, you will serve as the point of contact for all activities relating to the device level cost tracking, analysis, and reporting. You will be responsible for coordinating and driving cross-functional efforts to make sure that products progress through development and into mass production at cost and margin goals. Working closely with Product Management, Hardware Engineering, Industrial Design, Finance, and Operations teams, you will be the focal point for cost and responsible for advocating and delivering financially healthy products. You will be responsible for clearly communicating status, trajectory, and goals to all internal stakeholders. You will keep all teams engaged, focused, and in the same direction on cost.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Serve as the Product Cost Manager for an assigned product family and deliver financially health products.
- Oversee the development and tracking of accurate product level cost models from inception/concept design stages and through entire product lifecycle.
- Utilize industry knowledge, analytics, competitive industry data, and other inputs to identify cost inefficiencies and opportunities to identify realistic and challenging cost goals.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders to identify facilitation, design, and feature operational cost opportunities and track through to execution.
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative cost information by building and prototyping dashboards to provide insights at scale.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?