Director, Data Science, Machine Learning, Core
Applications will be accepted through June 5, 2023.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Operations Research, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience using data analytics to solve product or business problems, querying databases or statistical analysis, or 10 years of work experience with PhD degree.
- Experience with technical innovation within cross-functional engineering environments.
- Experience working directly with internal or external customers.
- Experience and expertise in growing and scaling teams.
- Experience of leadership in Data Science function at a large and complex engineering organizations.
- Experience managing and leading Data Science teams.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and written/verbal communication skills.
About the job
The Core team builds the technical foundation behind Google’s flagship products. We are owners and advocates for the underlying design elements, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure at Google. These are the essential building blocks for excellent, safe, and coherent experiences for our users and drive the pace of innovation for every developer. We look across Google’s products to build central solutions, break down technical barriers and strengthen existing systems. As the Core team, we have a mandate and a unique opportunity to impact important technical decisions across the company.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $254,000-$373,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Core Machine Learning to identify and clarify business or product questions to answer, and provide feedback to translate and refine business questions into tractable analysis, evaluation metrics, or mathematical models.
- Define and drive solutions for data analysis and decision-making questions from defining methodology and providing analysis to assemble a team to support the function.
- Provide guidance to the team in using custom data infrastructure or existing data models.
- Set up business goals and priorities for business questions that need data science, and provide organizational context for the team with regards to customer questions, and data infrastructure.
- Set up the process of gathering, extracting, and compiling data across sources via relevant tools (e.g., SQL, R, Python), work with engineering support to create permanent data gathering and validation solutions where important.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?