Customer Engineer, AI/ML, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or a customer-facing role within a Professional Services/Systems Engineering team.
- Experience with big data, machine learning, and numerical programming frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Python, MATLAB).
- Experience delivering technical pitches.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience building and deploying Machine Learning and Deep Learning solutions with excellent foundations of the underlying models.
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience with data and information management as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, in the Retail industry, you will work with technical Sales teams as a machine learning subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help customers to leverage specialized machine learning (ML) hardware developed by Google. In this role, you will work closely with customers and product development.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide in-depth machine learning expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings and proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption to Google Cloud.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?