Contracts and Operations Manager, Google Public Sector
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Reston, VA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience with Contract Administration, Corporate Development, or Operations.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and all contract types during contracts lifecycle phases.
- MBA degree.
- Certification in Contract Management (CPCM/CFCM), Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C), or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA).
- 5 years of experience with Management Consulting, Corporate Development, Product Management, Engineering, Operations, or Finance.
- Experience with redlining and negotiating agreements, understanding of contractual terms, and the key business issues in government contracts.
- Experience with data modeling and reporting, with excellent problem-solving, analysis, and written and verbal communication skills.
- US Government Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Security Clearance.
About the job
Within Google Public Sector, the US Federal team are experts on helping US Government agencies transform their mission to better serve the people. Our team figures out how to bring the best of Google Cloud to the unique environment in the US Government.
As a Contracts and Operations Manager, you’ll learn Google’s internal business processes and help adopt them to better serve our US public sector customers. You will work closely with business leaders, Engineering, and cross-functional team members (e.g., People Operations, Sales, Marketing, etc.) to execute annual/strategic planning efforts and drive business operations.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $125,000-$187,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage vendors and contractors through the lifecycle (e.g., identification, contracting, onboarding, purchasing, invoicing, and deliverables).
- Assist in facilitating and managing business agreements with US public sector end customers to include task orders, billing, invoicing, and company compliance processes.
- Support the drafting, reviewing, analyzing, and discussion of a wide variety of agreements, including nondisclosure and teaming agreements, government contracts, subcontracts, consulting agreements, master services agreements and statements of work, and vendor agreements.
- Support proposals with an emphasis on risk identification/mitigation while employing creativity in balancing responsiveness with adherence to company policy.
- Collaborate with internal employees and Business Development/Client Relationship Managers to ensure contract accuracy. Lead and execute cross-organization initiatives (e.g., pilot programs to improve execution, etc.).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.