Application Modernization Engineer, Global Services Delivery, Google Cloud
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
Only applications of candidates with Mexican citizenship will be evaluated for this role in compliance with the provisions of Article 7 of the Federal Labor Law.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience in designing/architecting APIs and containerized applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting clients technical issues, and working with Engineering teams and customers.
- Experience applying professional software engineering practices for the full system development lifecycle (e.g., coding standards and reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations).
- Experience in architecting scalable, distributed public cloud solutions across SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS.
- Experience in cloud migration projects, across hybrid or multi-cloud environments.
- Experience coaching and mentoring technical teams.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You listen to the customer and swiftly problem-solve technical issues to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Cloud business and helping companies around the world innovate.
In this role, you will contribute to customer adoption of Google Cloud. You will own the technical engagement with partners including assessment workshops, final architecture review, support account cloud growth initiatives, guide early pilots and proof-of-concept. You will also work closely with Global Consulting and System Integration Partners to drive our joint customer's transformation to cloud-based architectures.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Propose solution architectures, integration strategies, platforms, application development and modernization approaches required to deploy complete business solutions.
- Work with customer technical leads, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver implementations of cloud solutions.
- Create and deliver solutions, best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to various levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Advocate for customers needs to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?