Employee Relations Partner (Fixed-Term Contract)
This is a Fixed Term Employment Contract role with Google. We have 2 openings available - end dates vary, please connect with your recruiter for details
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA; Austin, TX, USA.
- 7 years of experience in a HR Business Partner role or Employee Relations role.
- Experience consulting with employees and management.
- Experience as an employment attorney practicing employment law, workplace investigator, or a similar role.
- Experience interpreting policies and applying legal advice.
- Experience with stakeholder management in a global organization.
- Experience conducting the full life-cycle of workplace concerns and/or investigations.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to operate with empathy, and diffuse/de-escalate challenging conversations/situations.
- Ability to work across different identities.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, influencing, and writing skills.
About the job
In this role, you will support the learning and development of each member of our team and provide both training and practical experience to support the cultivation of employee relations expertise.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $125,000-$187,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Review and resolve employee concerns that include unfair treatment in the performance, promotion, and pay processes and/or potential violations of Google standards of conduct, to ensure fair treatment.
- Utilize investigation interview techniques to gather all information and synthesize the information using credibility factors with the goal of coming to the best outcome.
- Partner with Employee Relations investigators and support Partner Investigations which may include note taking, advising and drafting and delivering discipline. Collaborate across teams, regions and time zones.
- Resolve and de-escalate matters as appropriate using empathetic listening and conflict resolution skills. Communicate clear guidance and mentoring to people operations partners and management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?