Associate Counsel, Regional Regulatory Response, Investigations and Strategy
- JD, equivalent degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with litigation, regulatory and corporate investigations, including addressing, minimizing, and avoiding regulatory risk.
- Experience developing, evaluating, and maintaining programs that ensure products comply with laws, regulations, and external commitments.
- Experience with high risk incident response.
- Experience with managing projects and partnering effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with technology companies and ability to understand complex technical issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management, problem solving, investigative skills, attention to detail with the ability to be action-oriented.
About the job
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As an Associate Counsel, you’ll join an APAC-based team addressing high and emerging risks pertaining to all aspects of our business in APAC including our people, our products, our users, legislators and society, and our ecosystem. You will work closely with Google and other Alphabet companies’ Legal, Data Security and Privacy, Public Policy, Office of Compliance and Integrity, Communications, Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams to identify, prevent, solve, and adapt to Alphabet’s risks.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Respond to formal regulatory queries, enforcement actions, and other proceedings involving all aspects of our business in APAC.
- Manage significant investigations and incidents in APAC.
- Evaluate potential emerging internal and external risk in APAC.
- Manage special projects designed to strategically address and increase Alphabet's resilience to potential risks.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.