Vice President, Product Management, Research
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- 20 years of experience in the technology field. 10 years of experience in team/people management and strategy.
- Experience in infrastructure technologies and services.
- Experience in product management (e.g., developing product vision and roadmap, engaging with customers, driving development process, coordinating launches, etc.).
- Experience launching infrastructure or ML products in the market.
- Ability to manage perspectives of researchers and product teams.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate to a wide variety of audiences throughout the company.
About the job
We’re looking for a product leader and executor who can create and deliver against product visions for some of the most innovative research teams in the world, doing foundational and applied work in private, ambient and mobile computing.
This role requires deep interaction with other executives, and will provide tremendous opportunity for visibility across Google. You will get to work at the intersection of the latest research advances and product applications that impact the lives of billions of people.
Google Research is building the next generation of intelligent systems for all Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest computer science techniques developed by skilled software engineers and research scientists. Google Research teams collaborate closely with other teams across Google, maintaining the flexibility and versatility required to adapt new projects and foci that meet the demands of the world's fast-paced business needs.
The US base salary for this full-time position is $550,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Navigating the complexity of a matrixed organization with an informed point of view with internal teams, cross product area partners, and externally facing partnerships.
- Leading the development of product vision, strategy, and a multi-year roadmap for several research orgs.
- Creating product visions for numerous Research technologies spanning the entire research to product lifecycle.
- Partnering closely with different product groups at Google to create, drive, and deliver a coherent user experience from ideation through launch.
- Working with world-class researchers, engineers and cutting edge technologies.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?