Head of Industry, Technology B2B
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in technology sales, digital marketing, consulting or media.
- Experience in leadership/people management.
- Experience partnering with clients within the technology, Software as a Service, or WebServices space, especially in advertising sales or similar fields.
- Knowledge of traditional and digital brand media and performance advertising, engaged landscape and Google Suite products.
- Knowledge of media businesses and management operations within digital media.
- Ability to work collaboratively on projects in a cross-functional team and build relationships with executive stakeholders.
- Proven track record of effective sales/operations management and strategic planning.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing businesses grow. Using your relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As the Head of Industry, you will lead and mentor teams to understand our advertisers needs and deliver measurable solutions. You will work with the Sales Leadership team to set goals and run the operations for the business. Additionally, you will help teams deliver on goals and partner directly with customers to exceed business and growth goals across markets.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$272,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Build relationships across C-level industry stakeholders.
- Lead an adaptive business operation in a fast-paced and continuously evolving industry.
- Understand how advertising and technology themes shape the addressable market. Offer credible and compelling thought leadership to drive change.
- Engage with cross-functional talent to deliver insights, ideas, and customer service that drives growth for customers and Google.
- Manage and mentor a team of promoters.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?