Data Center Electrical Engineer
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Leesburg, VA, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Bristow, VA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering, a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience in mission critical facility design and construction
- Experience with design, construction, and commissioning of medium/low voltage electrical distribution systems, AC/DC systems, and associated power management/SCADA tools
- Professional Engineering license
- Experience estimating, electrical design, operation and commissioning of substations, switchgear, ATP/ATS, emergency power systems control systems, power monitoring, and electrical protection
- Experience with SCCAF study development
- Prefabrication or modular experience
- Knowledge of large-scale mission critical facilities and their electrical/mechanical infrastructure
- Knowledge of electrical safety procedures
About the job
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
With your technical expertise, you ensure compliance with codes and standards, develop infrastructure improvements and serve as an expert in your specialty (e.g., cooling, electrical).
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $114,000-$167,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Participate in project specific design review process at 30%, 60%, and 95% releases with focus on constructability, Google standards, and value engineering.
- Support construction teams and contractors in execution of on-site work with a focus on quality, speed, commissioning, issue mitigation, and adherence to Google standards.
- Support Data Center Operations as the primary internal customer throughout construction and post-occupancy as the system subject matter expert.
- Develop a detailed understanding of trade contractor project delivery strategies, planning, zoning, work sequences/packaging to optimize and align to program requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?