Software Engineer, Backend, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one of the following coding languages such as Java, C++ or C.
- Experience working on smart home based services or cloud, or infrastructure.
- Experience with Google infrastructure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and open source systems.
- Experience in areas such as Internet of Things (IoT) and home automation.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams to work towards a common goal.
- Ability to drive cross-functional initiatives from strategy to execution.
- Ability to partner and build a sustainable business.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
In this role, you will be responsible for scalable and performant services in the cloud that are intelligent, intuitive, reliable and cost effective.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software and services offerings for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Nest team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Align smart home services through technical execution across multiple Engineering teams.
- Execute smart home services on Google infrastructure.
- Collaborate with engineers to transform the technical goal to reality.
- Align services, technical execution across multiple engineers and teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?