CPU DFT Engineer, Devices and Services
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Poughkeepsie, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in high performance IP (e.g., CPU, GPU, DSP) or SoC DFT activities.
- Experience developing, deploying, and supporting DFT flows (e.g., ATPG, LV, BIST, and JTAG).
- 5 years of experience with high performance CPUs.
- Experience developing novel DFT solutions, silicon bring-up, and validation.
- Proficient with a scripting language (e.g., Perl, TCL, or Python).
- Knowledge of high performance and low power design DFT techniques.
- Understanding of the end-to-end flows (e.g., Design, Verification, DFT, PD implementation and Static Timing Analysis).
About the job
In this role, you will design, develop, and deploy DFT solutions to design our next generation advanced CPU. You will use creativity to explore solutions to a variety of engineering problems. Additionally, you will participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new concepts.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $146,000-$220,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Architect, implement, and verify Design for Testing (DFT) solutions for advanced CPU designs.
- Write basic to complex scripts to automate the DFT flow.
- Develop production tests in Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) flow.
- Collaborate with Architecture, RTL, and Physical Design team members in driving and implementing cutting-edge DFT solutions.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?