Quantum Device Integration Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 years of experience with project, inventory, and vendor management.
- Experience with device manufacturing in a research environment.
- Experience with semiconductor fabrication, characterization, and testing of components and devices.
- Experience with commercial agreement management and procurement.
- Experience managing client/vendor relationships.
- Experience implementing and maintaining a manufacturing execution system and/or sustaining operations in a research environment.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
As a Quantum Device Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for successful device development and deployment. You will work closely with experts in device design, layout, fabrication, packaging, test, and characterization to develop and deploy quantum processors and required components.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining infrastructure to ensure successful communication and hand-off as a device progresses from conception through characterization. You will oversee devices through these processes to ensure timely deployment and coordinate for critical process development needed for next-generation devices. You will consult and advise on research technical designs and projects, and manage user workflow for the efficient flow of research projects.
Google Research is building the next generation of intelligent systems for all Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest computer science techniques developed by skilled software engineers and research scientists. Google Research teams collaborate closely with other teams across Google, maintaining the flexibility and versatility required to adapt new projects and foci that meet the demands of the world's fast-paced business needs.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $119,000-$175,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work across devices team to support of device delivery.
- Interface internally across hardware, test, and systems engineering teams to coordinate quantum device development in support of the team-wide long-term milestones.
- Manage workflow supporting component integration into quantum processors.
- Provide qualification of new vendors and processes and continuous monitoring of ongoing operations.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?