Software Engineering Manager, Networking, Pixel Connectivity
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages.
- 5 years of experience with Linux, Kernel, and Networking.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing strategic projects, with 2 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 10 years of experience in Linux kernel, Linux kernel networking subsystem, TCP/IP networking and Internet protocols.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Experience in improving data performance in the Linux/Android networking data path.
- Experience in one or more of the following: VPN and cryptography (e.g. IKE, IPSec), Linux networking device drivers or interconnection drivers (e.g. PCIe), or any real-time operating system (such as FreeRTOS) and its networking stack and data path.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
In this role, you will work on embedded software functionality and improving performance and features on Google Pixel series products. You will help lead the team in developing the whole software stack of Google Tensor Subsystem and ship high-volume consumer devices.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$283,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design, guide, and vet systems designs within the scope of the broader area, and write product or system development code to solve ambiguous problems.
- Innovate, architect, design, and develop exceptional networking functionality and data performance to improve overall Pixel connectivity experience.
- Partner and collaborate with peer engineering teams, product/project management, and external partners to launch high-quality performant solutions tailored for Pixel needs.
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Set and communicate team priorities that support the broader organization's goals. Align strategy, processes, and decision-making across teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?