Customer Engineer, Data Management, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in cloud computing and a customer facing environment.
- Experience with database technologies, administration and management tools, performance tuning techniques, SQL, troubleshooting, and data migration strategies to cloud.
- Experience delivering technical presentations and live demonstrations of database products.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience optimizing database performance with respect to transactional or analytic workloads.
- Experience technical sales or professional consulting in the fields of systems integration, large-scale data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and data backup strategies.
- Ability to learn, understand, and work quickly with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer business and technical challenges, and develop the strategy and solution to support their stakes.
- Challenge and inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with ambitious and novel solutions.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments, and travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?