Sales Engineer, Security and Compliance, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience addressing Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) concerns about security and compliance risks.
- Experience with cloud security in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- Certification in Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP).
- Experience with tools, technology and best practice in network security, data protection and identity, and access management.
- Experience in technical business or professional consulting.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001, SOC 2/3 audit, FedRamp, PCI, and HIPAA.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you will address technical security and compliance issues during engagements with customers and partner with internal engineering stakeholders to improve products and build solutions. You will be the security and compliance subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners recognize Google Cloud, explain technical features, help customers design architectures, and problem-solve any potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $181,000-$265,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work with customers to resolve existing and potential technical security and compliance obstacles.
- Drive technical security and compliance enablement internally at Google Cloud, and create best practice for our customers.
- Work cross-functionally as a customer advocate to provide insights and contribute to programs in areas of security, privacy, and regulatory compliance with internal teams such as Marketing, Product Development, Legal, and Policy teams.
- Serve as a public advocate for Google Cloud and Cloud Computing at conferences, industry training, and related events.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?