Technical Solutions Engineer, Partner Engineering, Nest (English, Mandarin)
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin and English fluently.
- Experience developing Web apps (either frontend or backend) and/or developer tools.
- Experience working with developers/partners on debugging and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux environments.
- Experience working with SoC partners to bring up devices and assure platform quality.
- Experience with IoT and smart home platforms.
About the job
As a Technical Solutions Engineer (TSE), you will help developers deliver the excellent smart home experiences for users and create the proof-of-concept partner tools together with our Software Engineering (SWE) team to streamline the development process for our developers.
- Understand Home Automation developer use cases and assist partners in building experiences that would realize these requirements. Travel to meet with current and new partners to assist in the roll-out of new product features and ensure readiness for new releases.
- Build samples and documentation to support partner integrations with Nest and Google Assistant.
- Manage escalations of technical issues from account managers and support, and partner with Software Engineering teams to resolve bugs and integration challenges.
- Gather and compile partner feedback and come up with a proposal or a solution.
- Speak at developer events and partner summits.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?