Data Center Technician
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with operating systems and networking protocols.
- Experience with computer hardware and server hardware or troubleshooting/diagnosing.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Experience in project management and leadership.
- Experience working within a data center or network operation center environment.
- Experience in maintenance and monitoring of server systems.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with teams to overcome challenges.
About the job
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Contribute to and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance, and support of Google Cloud region (cloud data center) infrastructure.
- Lead troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues regarding affected equipment.
- Help test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot OS-related issues on server.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?