Senior Director, Product Management, YouTube TV and Primetime
Applications will be accepted through May 29, 2023.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in Engineering or Product with background in internet consumer products, ads experience in subscription businesses, or streaming media.
- Experience managing and scaling teams with experience promoting diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Experience leading cross-functional product initiatives.
- Master's degree.
- Experience as P&L (profit and loss) owner or GM (general manager) of a product area.
- Experience in product management or design with a focus on consumer internet products.
- Knowledge of the internet advertising ecosystem and technologies or experience in scaling subscription-based services.
- Understanding of the media industry, with an emphasis on video, television, and OTT (over the top).
About the job
YouTube has grown into a global community where people all over the world access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, artists and Media Companies reach audiences, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube TV, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
You will work cross-functionally with partners across product, engineering, content partnerships, finance, marketing, regional leadership, policy and communications, and more.
The YouTube TV and Primetime team’s mission is to transform the way people experience live television, news, and sports by building the cloud/app based experience in the market.
You will be responsible for overseeing the overall YouTube TV and Primetime business including P&L (profit and loss) stewardship and building a scalable and sustainable business. You will define and drive the product goal and roadmap for YouTubeTV and Primetime and will serve as the cross-functional lead for the business in coordination with partner teams across partnerships, engineering, UX (user experience), marketing, strategy, finance, and more.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $289,000-$428,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Define, communicate, and execute the goal, strategy, and roadmap for YouTube TV and Primetime.
- Partner on product initiatives with key external content partners and represent YouTube TV and Primetime at internal executive level discussions including CBO, CEO, CFO, and more.
- Provide thought-leadership and prioritize, stack rank and drive execution and innovation.
- Manage and mentor PMs, and recruit talent focusing on DEI and resiliency. Partner with Engineering and UX (user experience) leadership to co-lead a cross-functional organization of software engineers and designers.
- Drive strategic alignment across YouTube and Google.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?