Program Manager, Supply Chain Sustainability
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in program or project management.
- Experience in sustainability, Net Zero initiatives, or GHG accounting.
- Experience in technical program management on technical cross-functional projects.
- 8 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience with technical data architecture, data pipelines, product management, tools/process development, and/or data integrity.
- Experience in delivering business tools and systems in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience working with executive stakeholders and presenting at the executive level.
- Experience with project management (e.g. Agile and waterfall) and experience handling daily activities in a dynamic environment to drive user and leadership approved deliverables.
- Ability to work through ambiguity in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Supply Chain Sustainability Net Zero team is responsible for driving transformational change and leading Google towards meeting its Scope 3 commitments and Net Zero Greenhouse Gas emissions goals.
As a Program Manager in Supply Chain Sustainability, you will be responsible for partnering with the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) team to drive key initiatives that help to accelerate the team’s ability to programmatically scale their needs. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000-$246,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Partner with the LCA and Tools teams to build project plans and roadmaps, provide oversight on technical design documents, and drive leadership approval.
- Manage prioritization processes at a team and organization level to establish goals across Engineering and Analytics groups, and functional Net Zero teams.
- Communicate the development of tools across the organization including recurring updates to stakeholders, feedback sessions with subject matter experts, and release notes.
- Engage at a technical level with the Data Management, Engineering, Data Governance, and Analytics teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?