Cloud Security Engineer, Professional Services
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
For Mexico only:
Only applications of candidates with Mexican citizenship will be evaluated for this role in compliance with the provisions of Article 7 of the Federal Labor Law.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil; Santiago, Chile; Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia; Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico.
Remote location(s): Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Mexico.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience working with security products.
- Experience managing customer projects to completion and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience coding in one or more programming languages: Python, Java, Go, or similar with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- 7 years of experience in security architecture and/or security engineering.
- Experience in Cloud Security delivered within the context of customer-facing roles.
- Experience with cyber attacks and mitigation methods in two or more of the following: Network protocols and secure network design, OS internals and hardening, web application security, security assessments and penetration testing, authentication and access control, applied cryptography and security protocols, security monitoring and intrusion detection, incident response and forensics, development of security tools, automation, or frameworks.
- Experience securing Google Cloud or other cloud environments.
- Understanding of security principles.
About the job
In this role, you'll provide technical guidance to customers adopting Google Cloud Platform services. You will provide best practices on secure foundational cloud implementations, automated provisioning of infrastructure and applications, cloud-ready application architectures, etc. You'll provide guidance in ensuring customers receive the best of what Google Cloud Platform (GCP) can offer and you will ensure that customers have the best experience in migrating, building, modernizing, and maintaining applications in Google Cloud Platform. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to drive excellence in Google Cloud products and features.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Provide domain expertise in cloud security and compliance and be a trusted technical advisor to customers. Solve cloud security and compliance challenges.
- Work with customers to design and develop cloud security architectures and solutions to meet and exceed their security requirements.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of business and technical stakeholders.
- Manage disparate stakeholders within customer environments to deliver consensus and drive positive customer outcomes on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Travel up to 30% of the time, in-region, for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?