Customer Engineer, Networking, Public Sector
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Reston, VA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
Remote location(s): Florida, USA; South Dakota, USA; Texas, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience as a sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or a customer-facing role.
- Experience in networking including Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, virtual private networks, and their application in PaaS and IaaS technologies.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience creating and developing software or infrastructure for distributed systems.
- Experience in advanced areas of networking.
- Experience with networking concepts, logging, and monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads.
- Knowledge of application security patterns including web application security, service mesh, and mobile security strategies.
- Ability to learn, understand, and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Google Cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineer supporting the Federal Public Sector, you will work with the Technical Sales teams as a networking subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers and communicate the growth of Google Cloud to our clients. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving. In this role, you will bring experience in networking protocols and design load balancing, Content Deliver Network (CDN), hybrid-cloud and Domain Name System (DNS) architectures. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshooting potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$213,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery, and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Share networking to support the technical relationship with customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Deliver product messaging for the Google Cloud Platform by using whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management, and Request for Information (RFI) response documents.
- Drive recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud platform effectiveness.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other events as needed.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?