Strategy and Operations Program Manager, Data Centers
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA; Reston, VA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in program or project management.
- 7 years of experience in management consulting focused on operational initiatives.
- Experience with data-driven business analysis, problem-solving, and strategy development.
- MBA or Master's degree in a Management field with emphasis on business operations and strategy.
- Experience in the Data Center industry and in areas such as supplier management, project management, global operations, or cost controls in industry.
- Excellent problem-solving, modeling, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
As a Strategy and Operations Program Manager, you will drive strategy and operations, and develop data center infrastructure recommendations. You will be a thought partner to executive leaders to effectively deliver innovative and actionable solutions for complex business and organization issues.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000-$246,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Provide strategic and analytical support for all business intelligence activities for Google’s data centers/hosting business. Interact cross-functionally with a variety of teams.
- Structure/execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering/synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing compelling, insightful recommendations.
- Work with engineering/operations colleagues to help shape/drive the tactical/strategic development of Google's data center hosting business. Leverage business acumen and industry knowledge to develop/deliver intelligence and business analytics.
- Manage initiatives and drive programs regularly and on an ad hoc basis to maximize hosting operating efficiencies. Manage operational reviews, organization level communications, and strategy summits to drive execution against from the organization's strategy.
- Perform business analytics and decision support models. Communicate results, methods, and findings to leadership and influence leads to take action on these findings.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?